Becker & Co recognises the fact the purchase of your home is the most important and expensive transaction you are likely to undergo. Our friendly team are here to help make the process as smooth as possible in order for you to achieve the ultimate aim of buying your dream home.
The first requirement is for you to Register your details. This will give us an insight into your personal requirements, thereby enabling us to email you immediately with any new instructions.
For any further information please do not hesitate to contact the office on 020 8906 1115, Register or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To enable you to unravel the complexities of buying your home, we have set out below an overview of the various procedures involved:
- In order to speed up your buying process it is advisable wherever possible to get a mortgage agreed in principle. This will be attractive to sellers.
- Once you have located your ideal property your offer will be submitted by us to the vendor. All offers are "subject ot contract".
- As soon as your offer has been accepted you should instruct a solicitor to act on your behalf (conveyancing).
- Instruct your mortgage broker to proceed with mortgage application.
- Obtain the mortgage valuation, as required by law. This will be conducted by a Chartered Surveyor acting for your lender. There are two types of survey available.
- Homebuyer Survey/Valuation. This is the mid-range option as it is more expensive than the Mortgage valuation but less than the Building Survey.
- Building Survey. Unlike the Homebuyer Survey this is suitable for all types of property whether conventional or unconventional.
- Local authority searches are conducted by the buyer's solicitor.
- The draft contract is drawn up by the seller's solicitor and forwarded to the buyer's legal representative for consideration.
- Subject to the findings in the survey report and provided all references and checks have been conducted satisfactorily the lender will send a formal mortgage offer to the buyer and their solicitor.
- Exchange of contracts. A deposit is paid and both parties agree on a date for completion.
- Completion. Congratulations!! You are now the owner of your new home!
Please see our review page to read comments made by purchasers who found their dream home through Becker & Co.